Kale & Associates logo

Family-Based U.S. Visa and K Visas

Kale & Associates > Family-Based U.S. Visa and K Visas
US K-1 Visa and Family-Based Visa

Family-Based Immediate Relative Green Card

An American Citizen may sponsor an immediate relative for a green card (lawful permanent residence).

To petition the U.S. citizen must be at least 21 years old. Green card holders (permanent residents) may not petition to bring parents to live permanently in the United States.

The U.S. Citizen must maintain a principal residence in the United States for the foreseeable future.

The Form I-130 Immigrant petition is approved and the relative is outside the United States, he or she will be notified on how to proceed with the U.S. consulate visa processing. 

If the relative is currently in the United States, he or she may be eligible to file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, with Form I-130. 

K-1/K-2 Fiancé Visa

Have you met someone that you want to marry but they live abroad? Do you want them to visit the United States and experience life in America before you get married? What do you do?

There are options, but one is to obtain a K-1 Fiancé Visa. A K-1 visa allows U.S. Citizens to bring their fiancés to the United States for the purpose of getting married. Once the fiancé has entered the marriage must take place within 90 days. After marriage, the couple may continue the process and petition for a Permanent Residency card.

 If your fiancé enters the United States and decides not to remain in the country or does not want to get married, they will have to return home. Generally, they are blocked from obtaining Permanent Residency status unless they leave the United States.

Consult us today

Navigating through the complex landscape of U.S. immigration law can be daunting without experienced guidance. Our dedicated team of experienced immigration attorneys is committed to providing you with personalized legal assistance, ensuring a smoother passage through each stage of the immigration process.